Friday, August 13, 2010

Zucchini Brownies!

One of the first things I did once I signed up for Abundant Harvest, was to browse their recipe section. (We've never eaten an eggplant, so how am I to know what in the world to do with it?!) When I saw this recipe, I couldn't wait to try it! My kids have been bugging me forever to make them brownies, but I have put it off, time and time again. Thinking about all the sugar in traditional brownies was enough to send me over the edge! But these brownies....They are perfect! Enough chocolate to satisfy the kiddos (and me too!), plus the added benefit of being healthier!



Preheat Oven to 350º

* 1 ¾ cup flour
* 1/3 cup baking cocoa
* ½ tsp baking soda
* ½ tsp salt

Combine in a large bowl.



* 2-3 cups zucchini, shredded

Stir into flour mixture



* 1 egg
* ¾ cup sugar
* ¾ cup brown sugar
* ½ cup plain yogurt
* ½ cup oil
* 1 tsp vanilla

Combine in a separate bowl and beat with fork. Stir into zucchini mixture. Spread evenly into greased 9 x 13 pan.



* ½ to 1 cup semisweet or mint chocolate chips
* ½ cup chopped nuts (optional)

Sprinkle over top of batter. Bake in preheated oven until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean 35-40 minutes


All ready to go into the oven!!! YUM!

*I used applesauce instead of oil, and I used whole wheat flour instead of white. They turned out so moist and delicious that it was hard to not eat the whole pan that night!

**recipe taken straight from the Abundant Harvest site.

1 comment:

  1. MmmmMmmmm I bet the kids didn't even know that there was a veggie in their brownies!

    ReplyDelete